What is a Birth Doula?
Birth doulas accompany women and their partners in labor and delivery to help ensure that they have the most rewarding birth experience possible. Doulas do not replace active participation from partners. A doula can assist partners by helping them better assist their loved one. This allows birth partners to be involved to the level of their comfort. This takes a lot of the pressure off partners and mothers so that they can enjoy their births more.
Going through labor and birth can have a profound affect on both mothers and fathers. A doula can help provide support to families as they embark on this exciting and sometimes daunting experience. Doulas provide informational, educational and comfort measure support. They are there for you and your family and are hired by you. Their main focus is on you and your comfort and progress throughout your labor. Families who include doulas tend to be happier with their birth experiences.Meet Our Doulas
We are independent and self-employed professionals, working solely for you, and not your caregivers, or hospital.
Having a doula at your birth greatly reduces your stress, helping you have a more positive birth experience!
- Reduces the rate of caesareans
- Shortens labors
- Mothers require fewer interventions
- Fewer mothers requesting medications
- Less use of forceps or vacuum extractors
- Reduction in the use of pitocin
- Fewer mothers who have episiotomies
- Fewer mothers who experience postpartum depression
Finding the right doula can make a huge difference in how your family can experience your birth!Meet Our Doulas
Our Doulas Provide:
- Reassurance and perspective for you and your partner.
- Assist you in creating your own personal birth preferences.
- Information as to what is happening and options you have during your labor. Assist you in finding innovative ways to help your labor progress.
- Assistance with breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Assistance with comfort measures such as massage and positions throughout labor and birth.
- Help you get breastfeeding off to a good start.
- Are on call for you for questions at any time throughout your pregnancy.
- Usually meet with families 2 -3 times prior to labor and stay in contact by phone as your due date approaches.
- Remain with you throughout your labor and birth.
- Suggestions as your labor progresses.
- Remain on-call for you should any problems arise in those first few days after delivery.
- Available (but not limited to) to the following areas: Oklahoma City, Norman, Moore, Edmond, Guthrie, Noble, Del City, Yukon, Shawnee and surrounding areas.
- Sign up for our doula connection or contact us via phone or email to set up private interviews.